The Bolton Award requires you to engage in 15 hours of enrichment activities during your spare time. The activities you choose to participate in should align with your interests, develop your talents, and enhance your social skills.
When applying for jobs, employers will look at your academic ability, and also your desire to develop on a personal level. Enrichment activities will enhance your employability by demonstrating that you have gone the extra mile, helping you to stand out from other applicants.
Enrichment activities take place internally at the University of Bolton, and also externally. It is up to you to decide which activities you want to participate in, and some suggested activities are listed below:
- Additional workshops delivered by the Careers Service
- Training (e.g. Bite-Sized Study Skills Sessions)
- Networking events (e.g. Bolton Business School Networking Events)
- Sports and societies offered by the Students' Union and at Bolton One
- Community and charity events such as a one-off volunteering activity
- International involvement via ERASMUS
If you would like further guidance on this element of the award, please contact the Project Officer on: 01204 903423 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org