Your comments are very important to us and we welcome your feedback at all times. In order to improve our satisfaction levels for our customers we have introduced a Careers Service Customer Satisfaction Improvement Plan. This is a development which demonstrates our commitment to listening to feedback and acting upon it.
The action plan has arisen directly from some of the student feedback we have received. Read about the progress we have made in 2016/17 and also view our new improvement plan for 2017/18.
if you have any further comments regarding the plan then email them to email@example.com
Careers Service Developments 2016/17
Here are some of the activities and developments that we have implemented for our customers over the last 12 months:
- We have now launched Student Hub which is a new software system that enables students to book their own appointments, book onto events and look and apply for job vacancies.
- We will be launching our newly formed Student Focus Group in April 2017. We will be considering one specific topic at each meeting.
- We have run a number of new initiatives this year including our coffee and cake event and our LinkedIn Booth.
- We have written a new Employability Guide aimed at all of our final year students.
- We have purchased a new psychometric test package 'Graduates First' which will help you to look at numeracy, verbal reasoning, career planning and personality.
- We have established a new You Tube channel for students to access online resources.
- We have produced a new career planning z-card guide for all students to refer to, to help them understand what is needed in terms of employability, at each HE level.
- We took on 10 graduate interns this year for 6 months from October 2016 - April 2017. The scheme has been approved for 2017/18 with 10 positions available.
- We increased the number of careers workshops/events we offer in 2016/17. Our target for the whole academic year was 70 events and by the end of February 2017 we have already delivered 79.
- We had 70 employers on campus for the Careers Fair in November 2016, the highest number to date, since we introduced a Careers Fair on campus. We also increased the number of Times 100 employers by 50%.
- We are developing a new Graduate Attributes Framework and Employability and Enterprise Strategy. This will be available in June 2017.
- We now have a CRM system in operation within the Careers Service with 1,092 organisations logged as of March 2017.
- We have developed a key partnership with Deloitte this year who have delivered 5 sessions to students on interview techniques, commercial awareness, presentations skills and raising aspirations.
- We have updated our Employability Footprint to reflect employability plans at all HE levels.
- We have undertaken national careers research as part of the HECSU-funded scheme and our findings and recommendations can be found here. The research explores the early decision making process of students in FE and HE.
- We have launched our new Student Hub software which has an employer platform and vacancy portal, where employers can add their own vacancies and monitor recruitment.