Careers Service Mission Statement
The Mission of the Careers Service is to provide quality, timely and impartial careers information, advice and guidance, in order to improve the employability of prospective students, current students and graduates.
Aims of the Careers Service
To fulfill the Mission, the Careers Service aims to:
- Deliver in partnership with academic staff and employers, opportunities for students to develop the necessary skills and attributes needed to secure graduate employment.
- Deliver a high quality careers guidance and vacancy service which supports our students and graduates to achieve their career aspirations and goals.
- Present reliable and clear information about the services we can provide to staff, students, graduates and employers.
- Offer our graduates the support and advice needed to make an effective transition from university to graduate employment.
- Engage with employers on both a local and national basis in order to increase opportunities for work experience and training.
- Support staff in developing employability within the curriculum and the student learner experience.
Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) Policy
The University of Bolton values the provision of careers advice and guidance and has therefore produced a policy document which outlines how CEIAG will be delivered and the responsibilities for this delivery. CIEAG Policy for the University of Bolton
Statements of Service
The Careers Service strives to deliver a professional service that meets the needs of all of its stakeholders including prospective students, current students, graduates and employers. The Statements of Service below highlight our commitment to service delivery and quality of provision, and outline the careers facilities and services that you can expect.
Employability Strategy and Statements
The University of Bolton has produced a new Employability and Enterprise Strategy for 2014-2017. This outlines the six key strategic priorities that are to be achieved.
The University of Bolton has produced a Statement of Employability which outlines the support that the University provides to prospective and current students and graduates. Statement of Employability
Equality and Diversity
In line with the University of Bolton's commitment to equality and diversity, the Careers Service is committed to supporting a diverse student and graduate population, to meeting all students particular needs and eliminating discrimination.
As a department, we support and promote equality in the services we offer and to the clients and employers we work with. For further information see our Equality and Diversity Statement.
For further sources of information and advice please see the list below: