The Legal Research Centre houses the current eclectic collection of research interests within the Law School and its research students.
Our mission is to ensure that all teaching is underpinned with research bases. It also is the umbrella organisation which governs the Centre for Dispute Resolution. The Centre for Dispute Resolution provides an interface for conferences, publications and the ADR training.
Aims of the LRC
- To provide a legal research focus within the University;
- To foster research synergies across the University and externally;
- To gain research funding;
- To actively undertake and publish legal research; and,
- To promote alternative dispute resolution, as well as to provide ADR training.
- To foster and embed a research culture within law provision;
- To arrange research lectures and conferences;
- To support legal research within the University;
- To recruit and support legal research students; and,
- To encourage publications and other research outcomes.